Episode 16: What’s on JOE Mind? Episode 18: What’s on JOE Mind?
Aug 17

Ever wanted to learn what it is like to make your own GI Joe film?  This week you get to find out at the WOJM crew has an exclusive interview with filmmaker Mark Cheng to talk to him about his GI Joe fanfilm, Operation: Red Retrieval.  Find out first hand why his latest trailer and put the online community abuzz with excitement.  Have you heard Justin's 3-part interview with The Fwooshcast about Sigma 6 yet?  Get a preview as Justin and The Fwooshcast's own co-host Craig discuss their near 4 hour talk.  In the news we go over the start of filming of GI Joe 2 and get our thoughts on the new look of Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock.  Next we breakdown the latest from the GI Joe Collectors' Club about their highly anticipated and highly debated figure subscription program.  Did you get your RoC mail away Cobra Commander yet?  Some of us have and Gary takes you through what the stamped code means - supposedly.  Gary also shares the details of his new 1:1 scale XMLR-3A replica rifle from Pit Viper Studios.  All this and Greg shows some backbone while getting cut on by Chuck for playing softball- yeah, you read that right...  Bonus points if you can name the closing music.  It's next on WOJM!!

Listen Now:

Share | Embed | Download | Plays (Loading)

• Eduardo M.

hhhmmmmm.. Is there a prize involved if we guess the music?

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:41 pm
  • Tolan

Nice job on this one ….My Wednesday’s are going to be less fulfilling with the podcast moving to Thursday. The closing theme sounds like it should be from The Last Starfighter, what great movie and great GI Joe toy. !

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:12 pm
  • whatsonjoemind

Sorry for the long delay is uploading this. It really takes a lot of editing work to make Greg sound good. *drum snare* Buuut anyway…actually I was feeling a wee bit under the weather this morning and woke up and got to work late. The guys said my voice sounded “off” yesterday so they pretty much knew something was up before I did. Normally I can edit out an episode in a couple of hours or so but today it just dragged on and on. The Mark Cheng interview was great and we were thrilled he was excited to do the broadcast. Everyone should convince Chuck to go to the premiere. I’d go in a heartbeat if I wasn’t a 13 hour drive away. We’ve been very lucky with great interviews which says a lot about the type of people in our community. Spread the word!

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:01 am
  • Jason

Great show guys. After listening to it, I felt especially bad for Craig and our fellow international collecting bretheren concerning the subscription service from the GIJCC. I know a lot of folks are debating if they can afford it or not, but I can’t imagine trying to come up with the extra funds for it that those guys will have to shell out. It suddenly makes it seem not so bad for us American collectors.

Looking forward to the next show!

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:58 am
  • Ryan Hildebrand

Another great show guys. I can’t wait for Mark’s film to be posted online. Looks awesome.

I always wondered where Zartan was from. I’m sure like everyone else, just because the Dreadknocks were from either Australia or some other Commonwealth country. Sunbow was in some way very obscure with doing a funky sound for him yet Zandar sounds like he is from the states while Zarana sounds like she is from New Zeland. Resolute gave him a distinct Aussie voice or at least what I thought. Am I wrong?

Thanks for the update to Club Subscription figures. Prince to me is very reasonable. Now we just need to know when to order it. lol.

The Rock I’m sorry is the embodiment of roadblock that I’ve seen so far. He is going to be great. By the way interesting note the match between him and John Cena can be classed as a battle between two Joes. Now before you guys scratch your heads say how can that be since Cena was the star of the Marine but if you look closely at the file card for the “Attack on the Pit G.I.Joe Pit Trooper” The artist for that card I’m sure used the DVD cover for the Marine. So I look at this Wrestlemainia match as a win win for all concerned no matter who is scripted to win( Rock hands down).

Can’t wait for the customizer’s to be on next week. As I asked the panel in a previous e-mail, I was wondering when painting their figures what would be used to make the customs look like they could be found at retail and really what kind of paint is best used?

Anyway again as always great show and just a shot out to Craig to which I also am starting to listen to the Fooshcast as well. Great show there too.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:46 am
  • Ryan Hildebrand

Oh one other question I had perhaps that can be directed to the guests next week is what could be used to prevent the paint from coming off in a person’s hand. I noticed this when I just examined my Canadian figures when I bought them was wondering what could be done to fix that.

Again great show.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:49 am
  • Eduardo M.

I’ve figured out your closing music.

Megaforce

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm
  • Greg

Tolan, have no fear: It’s only a temperary move for the fall. We’ll probably move back to recording on Tuesdays (and releasing on Wednesdays) around November.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm
  • Troops of Doom

I can’t wait for Operation: Red Retrieval. The trailer looks intense. I think it’s hilarious that a fan film with a $2000 budget (used mostly for pizza) can do a better job than Paramount.

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:09 pm
  • Laredo

That music. My goodness. I remember seeing Megaforce as a kid, in the height of my G.I. Joe fever. It was stupid as hell, but it contained a lot of elements similar to G. I. Joe and got me thinking about how cool it would be to see a legitimate Hollywood G. I. Joe film make its way to theaters. I’m optimistic, cautiously optimistic, that we might get fairly close in 2012. In the mean time, seeing Red Retrieval on the small screen will be a blast.

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm
  • Justin

Thanks for all of the feedback as always, folks!

Ryan, that question is going on my list, thanks.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:44 am
  • Stormshadow__210

great epsiode,i really enjoy listening to you guys in the mornin,keep it up!

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:41 am