On April 25, 2011, WOJM launched launched its first episode, and nine years later, we're still chugging along! Mike, Joe, and Mark are on hand to spread the news during a curiously low-key anniversary fandango...
... that's actually the launch of the WHAT'S ON JOE MIND? VIRTUAL JOECON!
Starting today, we're throwing open the gates on the charitable part of the project - WOJM is raising money for World Central Kitchen, an organization that provides meals to first responders and displaced victims from all manner of tragedies that's been busting it double-time in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic! We'll be collecting donations through May 10... let's team up and obliterate our $2000 goal! Here's the link:
Your donations are going STRAIGHT TO WCK! You're not sending anything to WOJM. If you're in a place where you can send a donation, please help us - and any number of first responders, displaced medical personnel, hungry would-be schoolchildren, or any number of folks who need a hot meal during these trying times!
THEN... VIRTUAL JOECON BEGINS! From Monday, May 4, through Saturday, May 10, you'll be getting one star-studded panel per day! Guests will include:
- Paul Allor, writer on IDW's GI Joe
- Sara Detrick, cosplayer extraordinaire
- Terry Dizard, administrator of Yojoe.com
- Curtis Herod, host of GI Joburg
- Joe Holp, host of The File Card Podcast
- Arune Singh, VP of Marketing for BOOM! Studios
- Joe Slepski, host of Joe On Joe Podcast
- PLUS Mike Irizarry, Joe Colton, "The Honcho" Mark Weber, and Rack Time Rob Irizarry!
- PLUS members of the cast of Marvel/Sunbow's GI Joe: A Real American Hero!
- PLUS Prizes, courtesy of Kokomo Toys and ROMA Collectibles!
It'll be a six-day event you won't want to miss!
As always, admission to The WOJM Virtual JoeCon is ABSOLUTELY FREE.
So let's get together, have some laughs, raise some funds for a great cause and do some good while we're all stuck inside! STAY POSITIVE AND YO JOE!